Wednesday, January 8, 2014
Cauli Rice - I love you!
Last night I made cauli-rice for dinner - rice made from Cauliflower. Cauliflower is so good - only 5g of carbs per 100g, so a perfect meal substitute for starch.
You can make it into rice and into a mash. All good and hearty. And of course healthy. And the best part... its so simple.
Makes enough for 2 - 3 people
1 head of cauliflower
1 teaspoon of crushed garlic
2 tablespoons of olive oil
1 tablespoon of butter
1. Place the olive oil in the pan and heat.
2. Grate the head of cauliflower on the biggest grater setting you have.
3. Sauté the garlic until glassy and then add the grated cauliflower.
4. Add the butter and lightly toast in the pan for around 5 - 10 minutes.
5. Serve warm with a stew or even with roasted meats.