Friday, January 10, 2014

C H O C O L A T E ... I need C H O C O L A T E

I don't really have a huge problem with carbs - bread, pasta, potatoes, they don't really make up a lot of my diet. My downfall is sweets and chocolates and cakes and cookies. I love them - all of them! And I want to make them my friends inside my tummy.

And I do.

Often.

Which is why we are where we are.

So I recognise that chocolate and sweets are gonna be a huge challenge for me. So I needed to find a solution. And I did. I made my own almond chocolate fudge happiness.

Almond, chocolate, fudge - hardly LCHF! But my version is - because its got no sugar in and its so rich you really only need like 3 tablespoons and youre good to go.

Recipe for this deliciousness

1/2 cup almond butter
1/2 cup 100% cocoa powder
1 tin of coconut milk

You can add 1/4 cup raw honey if you want, but as I am doing 50 days reboot, with no sugar and no carbs, I left out the honey - still delicious (could maybe add a spoon of vanilla extract for some additional depth)

Spectacular. And it made me so full. Which was even more spectacular.

So happy to have found this treat - my world is in a happy place now.

Kath

No comments:

Post a Comment