Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A small hurdle, but nothing will get me down!

So yesterday I wasn't paying attention and I tripped up the stairs at the shops. I managed to land on a step with my left knee and its in quite a bit of pain.

This is absolutely not ideal. I wanted to start some exercise today but will now need to wait it out a bit. I may do a light walk this evening, if its not too sore.

It made me realise though, how much we take our health for granted and how it can be swept away in the blink of an eye. And how lucky we are to have everything functioning. It also made me realise that its our responsibility to keep it healthy and right and that is what I am doing now.

Yesterday was a success - I didn't have a cheat once, no craving and I ate 10% less than the calories I allowed myself.

So all good.

This morning I made some Egg Frittatas for breakfast.

 
Easy to make and a nice supply to have in your arsenal for when you dont feel like making breakfast or when you are running late. You can keep in the fridge for up to 3 days.
 

Egg Frittatas

Makes 10 - 12
 
Ingredients
6 eggs
50ml milk
Salt
Pepper
 
5 slices of Bacon
5 mushrooms
1 yellow pepper
1/2 red onion
10ml olive oil
 
Method
1. Slice the bacon, mushrooms, pepper and onion and sauté in a little olive oil - add some chilli
2. Combine the eggs, milk and salt and pepper and beat lightly in a bowl
3. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray
4. Place the sautéed vegetables into the muffin pans - splitting between them evenly
5. Pour in the egg mixture up to half way - they soufflé, so you don't want to overfill
6. Bake at 180 degrees centigrade for 20 - 25 minutes
7. Serve warm with watercress or rocket for extra spice and texture
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment